Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oops

So, I locked myself out of my room last night. At our apartment, we have key cards to get into the buildings (which are never locked) and our apartments (always locked unless you prop the door open). I ran across the hall to give Mike his stickers from London (and propped our door open), and I guess Ruben left the apartment and closed the door behind him, because when I walked back the door was locked. I didn't have anything with me, no shoes, no jacket, and no key. The guys were really nice and just let me hang out with them until Anne-Sophie got back a while later. Carolin even tried calling security for me, but I would have to meet him at the front office with my ID. That wasn't going to happen- no ID and no shoes, remember? And it was wicked cold last night. Eventually I got back into my room when Darin heard someone call my name; Anne-Sophie and Stephen had come to find me. Life lesson: always carry your key, even if your roommates are home, because they are quite obviously unreliable.

Elyse flies into Galway late tonight! That means I need groceries.

No comments: