Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I wish someone would pay me to do what I want to do

Today makes the fourth Tuesday in a row that I haven't had class. If you recall, my professor had surgery a while ago, and he was supposed to be back last week and wasn't, and then he was supposed to be back this week, but he isn't back today either. SOOO no class for me. Where a few weeks ago I was frustrated and I little lost about how to kill time, now I am thankful for the extra hours. I'm writing essays, looking for jobs, and pulling things together for when I get home.

I'm still looking for work, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet. There are two Salvation Army jobs I think I'll apply for: one in Ohio as a spiritual coordinator/youth ministries person, and one in MA as the Assistant to CRD Director for donor relations operations. Elyse just sent me one from idealist.org (fantastic site for NGO jobs, by the way) for a Development Coordinator of Marketing and Communication for a non-profit in MA. Ha those are all so different.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows of job openings, please let me know! I'll move just about anywhere in the country! I would LOVE to find a job in the next few weeks. Preferably before I leave here, but that's highly unlikely at this stage in the game. Hohum.

I wish I could fast-forward for a sneak peek of how my life turns out. I don't really want to know how I get there, because life is an adventure, and there are many ways God gets us to our destinations. I just want to know what I'll be doing. Not how, not why, not where, just WHAT. Will I end up proving myself wrong and get married and have kids? Will I ever find a job that suits me? Will I be influential and respected? To get to my end, I have to begin somewhere. And that somewhere is most likely with a full-time job. I am willing to go (both physically and otherwise) wherever I need to go to continue down God's path for me. There are just a lot of blank canvases and question marks at this point. But what's new?

No comments: